The Confident Networker takeaways:
- Approaching a group of people you don't know by imagining yourself as the party host.
- Pitch your message effectively by creating an opening for the other person to engage with you.
- Lead the experience by identifying your role within the network, clearly communicate how to engage with you and how you can help others move forward.
- Exit a conversation gracefully by respecting the connection and speaking directly.
- Your reputation is built one interaction at a time. Follow up is key to managing your brand. Do as you say and you'll proactively build your reputation as someone others can trust.